To do online notarizations, you’ll need a traditional notarial commission from your state first. If you don’t have one already, check your Secretary of State website for instructions on getting started. You’ll need to upload a copy of this commission to your account on our platform.
Here’s what you need to do to start.
- Log in to start your training: https://training.nvsos-training.com/.
- Complete the course "Electronic Notary Training" and pass the exam.
- Once you've finished training, log in to SilverFlume to pay: https://www.nvsilverflume.gov/home.
- Under "OTHER BUSINESS SERVICES,"" select the "Notary" link.
- Under the "NOTARY" dropdown menu, select "FEE FOR ENOTARY TRAINING OR NOTARY VIOLATION ONLY."
- Complete the process through the SilverFlume Shopping Cart. Per NAC Chapter 240, registrants must pay a $45 non-refundable training fee online using a credit card. No cash or check payments are accepted via mail or in-person.
Errors and Omissions (E&O) Insurance protects you financially if you are sued for unintentional mistakes or if a false claim is filed against you. To make sure you’re protected, you’ll need to upload a copy of your policy worth at least $25,000 to your account (most policies can be purchased for as little as $15-30 a year). One option for your coverage is the NNA, though we accept other providers too.
A digital certificate, also known as a digital signature, is used to seal the documents you’ve notarized. This digital certificate attaches to the document and ensures the document is tamper-evident (i.e. any subsequent changes to the document become apparent). At Online Notary Center, we partner with IdenTrust for digital certificates. For instructions on getting your certificate, follow this link here.
Note: We do not accept digital certificates from other vendors.
Choose between our Notary Basic Plan and our Notary Professional Plan. We’ll provide your journal, seal, and signature, along with all the technology and tools needed to start performing notarizations. See our Pricing for details on each of our plans.
- Log in to SilverFlume again: https://www.nvsilverflume.gov/home.
- Under "OTHER BUSINESS SERVICES," select the "Notary" link.
- Under the “ELECTRONIC NOTARY” dropdown menu, select "ELECTRONIC NOTARIZATION EXEMPLAR."
- Upload the exemplar PDF file you received from us.
- Complete the process through the SilverFlume Shopping Cart. There should not be a fee.
All steps here use Nevada’s official state guide as a reference. We include our platform’s steps into the process, so you can have a full picture. You can find the official state guide on the Secretary of State website.